Monday, April 14, 2008

Listless, my poor gunners

I've been feeling rather listless these days.....
Suddenly, I feel so-like-Baba!

I normally sleep late but lately, I have been sleeping at 9pm and waking up at 11pm or 12am feeling groggy and agitated. Work's not done, bag's not packed,shucks......

Anyway,I'm counting down, 8 weeks left and I'm looking forward to the day where I'll be able to walk away free without having any guilty conscience and my heads up high, telling myself that,"I have indeed made the right decision."

Anyway, each time I'm moving to something new, there's always a couple of other setbacks that comes along the way. Not many of them turns out ugly, this is just one of the rare occassion that keeps me on my toes and it "pinches" me. (why do I care so much, do they care...no right...so?)

Anyway,as I was saying, there is a newbie at my workplace,she's super cool. She's 27 but she doesn't look 27,very spunky,bubbly and has a cheerful personality. She's been working as an electrical engineer for almost 2 years and decided to switch lanes because she was sick of deskbound jobs. She came into this line with no first-hand experience with children but for a rookie, she's not bad. It kinda reminds me of myself when I was a newbie (only I was blurer...duh!)

I got to know her a little bit more and she's super cool. Oh, did I mentioned, she's also very rugged. I did not know that she's a bike-fanatic, talks incessantly about motor gp,motorcross racing and whatever not (Faz, you have to constantly update me ok so I won't get lost!).
I got to know she plays soccer before and rugby, how cool is that!

When she speaks about motorbikes, she kinda reminds me the female version of Faz but of course,my darling always adds in some additional spices to the conversation by adding in sound effects, LOL......

She was shocked that I am quitting but...what to do,life goes on. I wish her the best of luck though...cool people always does,LOL

Anyway, there are so many things happening at the same time, I'm just taking my time and make sure that I paid special attention to each and every one of them but of course, knowing me (the procrastinator), I often caught myself in a whirpool,hai~

Arsenal lost to Man-u. Wenger cited "ladyluck" was not on their side however he's obliged to keep his gunners intact if they find the "right price for one experienced player", hai~

Speaking of soccer, I feel so sorry for the team. Imagine playing with only 7 running men on the field against a full squad. Goodness.....players "buih" , what's new right? Anyway, they've got regular players so I don't know,they have to come up with a strategy or something to keep the team together.

First thing first, knowing your own players well. Trust me, back in my hockey days we had this major problem too. How did we tackle it?We tried so many things but it backfired until we decided to switch to "buddy system." Instead of having the team captain or vice-cap doing mass messages to the team which often creates misery to the former, we created a buddy system. Each regular player is "attached and responsible" for her buddy. However,point to note, the captain/vice-captain must really know their regulars and from there, they pair each regular up with players who often have problems turning up for trainings or games. These regulars will often remind their buddy almost about everything. It sounds pretty sucky right? It's like having someone breathing down your neck and you feel like shoving her away but trust me, it helps.

Not only do you remind one another about trainings,games and stuff, you get to know the person a little better too. In my team's system, all the defenders come together, the midfield and the forwards each have their own buddy within their group. My buddy was Aslin Harminah and she is one super-cool buddy. I'm playing left and she's the stopper so we did learnt from one another.I remembered clearly that she had problems attending training at times due to classes because she was sitting for the A levels. Nevertheless, I tried to keep her on track and it works. She does it to me too and it gets ever "cooler" when we call ourselves "eh buddy...amaciam?" instead of names.

It may sound absurd and childish considering the fact that we are adults but hey, it's worth trying. It works for us!We had a strong team's camaraderie and although we were not champions, we played like champions and that is what matters. We had great rapport and at the end of the day, we were satisfied.Dang..........I miss hockey!

Right side...strong side...left side...strong side....tessyekur adderim (LOL...)

So, I don't know maybe Akim or Rahman could try this method if they want to have regulars in their team.

Back to work...oh bother....

To my brown-eyed cutie, finish your tutorials oteh...miss you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.